[ale] OT: NDMP

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:29:40 EDT 2007

All,

I need to understand ndmp and what it is beyond a backup protocal for
NAS devices.

Anybody know any whitepapers or background sites I can read.

In particular I need to understand if ndmp is used in conjunction with
a NAS holding an Exchange Server repository and if ndmp is somehow
smart enough to only send the new emails of the day.  Or in that case
would it have to do a full backup.

FYI: My client has some NAS servers and we're trying to use a ndmp
backup spoofer to index the daily e-mails.  A weird concept to me, but
the manufacturer of the spoofer claims it will work.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group