[ale] OT watch you cable tv bill

Robert Heaven roberth1954 at aim.com
Mon Jul 9 13:50:38 EDT 2007

Watch out for your next Cable TV bill... A couple of weeks ago, I got a catalog in the mail from my cable company they called their "Channel Guide" that showed a complete schedule of programming for the month of July. At the time, I thought nothing of it and tossed it in the trash. (I have no use for junk mail) I just received my cable bill today and I noticed a small increase in the cable tv costs. Ordinarily I would not have paid any attention to this small increase and just thought it was the annual rate increase... except, I had just subscribed to cable internet and noticed a couple of minor errors on that billing and decided to call. When I asked about the small increase in the cable tv costs I was shocked to find out that they were actually charging me ($3.40) for that ridiculously useless paper catalog that I did NOT request.