[ale] another weird problem

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Sat Jul 7 01:03:54 EDT 2007

Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> On Friday 06 July 2007 23:17, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> |         This might seem trivial but what distro are you running are are
> you
> | working within the X11 GUI? Reason I ask is I know on both Fedora and
> | Debian using the GNOME desktop environment I've never had a problem so
> | far with them being able to mount the drive and having read-write access
> | as the user I'm logged in as. Working with ext2, ext3 and FATxx formated
> | USB drives.
>
> This is occurring on a Fedora Core 3 box.  I don't have the problem with
> Thumb drives formatted ext3 -- just with the ones formatted (V)FAT.
>
> Sean

	I never ran FC3... I started with FC5 so I can only assume they updated
how they managed the automounting of the drives. I know I didn't have to
add any lines in /etc/fstab they just worked when plugged in. It even
automounts my LUKS encrypted USB drives without problems as well. I have
a small USB drive that I use the original FAT format in order to
transfer files from my workstation to my wife's Windows laptop.