[ale] Giving up

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 4 21:53:16 EDT 2007

Sean,

I don't think you have a lot to lose by trying a net install on the box.
You would know very quickly if it wasn't going to work, and could move
on from there.

Depending on the chipset that you have on that mobo, amber lights could
mean a lot of different things. Without an OS installed to control the
IO, it probably won't give you your "normal" indications other than a
link light.

Was the box up and running before with this hardware set in it?

Dan

PS: My Mother-in-Law works at Emory, so I can send CDs if you need, but
I'll be leaving ona business trip Sunday, so we need to be quick so I'll
have time to burn what you need.