[ale] Giving up

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed Jul 4 20:41:50 EDT 2007

It appears that the set of CD's I have for FC6 just isn't going
to work well enough to complete an install.  First Disc #5 was flaky,
but a thorough cleaning seems to have fixed that.  But now Disc #1
has problems.

Does anyone have a set of FC 6 Cd's I can borrow? Or FC 7?

It would be nice if you were within 15 miles of Emory, but I'm
willing to drive 60 - 70 miles (or more) to get them.

I'd normally be willing to try a Net-install, but something seems
a bit flaky with eth-0 on this box.  I can get out with it, but the
lights on the back are orange -- no green light.  Don't know what
that means, but I'm leery of it for now.

Sean