[ale] ffmpeg. ffserver and Debian Testing - Help

Jim Seymour jim at wingbarscafe.com
Mon Jul 2 23:18:21 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am trying to stream video from a desktop running motion with a bt878
video card to a Debian Testing server that provides the feed to a web
page. I can pull the feed from the box running motion just fine with
curl or using ffmpeg. The failure is occurring on the Debian server in
the conversion process. None of the feeds it (seems to) provide are
usable. It is providing feeds for Real Player, Windows Media Player and
Flash player. All of them fail when accessed.

I need some ideas on troubleshooting the video feed to determine if it
is getting converted, from what format and to what format. That is if it
is not getting lost between point a and point b.

Thanks,

Jim