[ale] OT: Google Groups

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 26 21:18:31 EST 2007

I've been having real problems with mail not getting delivered through
some of the Yahoo groups I'm a member of. Sometimes they work fine, but
then on occasion, they just stop delivering mail for some time period.
They will then deliver all of the backlogged mail at once, and I've
gotten two weeks of postings all at once. Not good when the information
is time sensitive.

Google groups (so far) are much better about keeping the mail flowing,
and have all the features of most other groups.

I wouldn't even consider Yahoo, but would create a Google group in a
heartbeat.

Dan