[ale] Trouble with new Pentium D

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Jan 9 17:20:40 EST 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 09:44 am, Chuck Huber wrote:
>snips
> The message was something like "Cool computer, but you're trying to run
> 32-bit software on a 64-bit machine." ?Being the tinkerer I am, I told
> it to boot the rescue system. ?It loaded the linux kernel and promptly
> locked up.

Probably of no help at all to your problem, but I got an almost identical
error (I remember the "Cool computer" part) while installing Mandriva 2006
on the last one I built. Board was 64-bit compatible with a 32-bit AMD
Sempron. (Even cheepskates future proof:)

Had the option to continue the installation so I did and it runs fine.
--
William