[ale] Trouble with new Pentium D

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Jan 9 11:01:03 EST 2007

What's keeping you?  I was running 64-bit Gentoo on an AMD64 in 2003...

Anyway, according to Wikipedia, the Pentium D is an
EM64T-instruction-set machine, meaning that it's an x86-64 CPU.

According to Wikipedia, x86 support is native within x86-64, suggesting
that if a SuSE CD is complaining, then it's just because SuSE is being
Microsoftean with their install process.

Just run Gentoo and be done with it... :)

- Jeff