[ale] Debian, KDE , Treo and Tmobile GPRS problems..

Ned Williams nedj10 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 07:15:24 EST 2007

Does anyone any expirience getting KPPP, the treo 650 and Tmobile GPRS to
play nice?

I can get the phone to connect via BT to my notebook, I can get ppp to make
a call to Bellsouth's dialup service, albeit very slowly(9600kps). But when
I attempt to make a ppp connection into Tmobile I get a response that looks
more like "    +CUSD, "",0" then OK instead of the CONNECT I would expect in
the login details. The weird part is when I use the preconfigured GPRS/UTMS
connections in kde is that it connects to the tmobile network but uses their
german APN (knoppix configs) which then makes a ppp connection then
complains about getting its own echo reply and then it immediatly
disconnects saying it lost its LCP connection.

help?

Thanks
Ned