[ale] monitors & printers have to go

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Sun Jan 7 22:06:10 EST 2007

Back in November I needed to part with an older, but working, SCSI
scanner (w/cables), a _quote_ 19-inch _closequote_ Viewsonic monitor,
an HP 5MP laserjet printer and an Epson 1270 photo inkjet printer.

All are in working order, although I am confident the Epson will need
new ink cartridges.  All must go. All come with appropriate cables and
manuals/software.

Then the holidays intervened and nothing much happened, although I
did correspond with a number of people.

As it stands today, the following folks are first in line.

Bill G wants the monitor (handles 1600 x 1200);

Jason Day wants the HP 5MP laserjet printer;

Michael Trausch wants the scanner and SCSI card;

No one has shown any interest in the Epson photo printer.

I will have all of these items at the upcoming Ale Central meeting
at the Emory Law School this Thursday at 7:30.  Should that meeting
not occur, I am willing to meet folks wanting this gear at Melton's
App and Tap at 2500 N. Decatur Rd. at the same day and time.

All of this equipment has worked on Red Hat/Fedora Core distros.

At one point I was asking for help getting my new network printer actually
hooked up to the home LAN.  Once I discovered that HP printers want to
be connected via Port 9100, I was able to make it work -- at least for my
wife's Mac laptop.  Still haven't figured out how to get this Linux box
to print via the LAN.
Now that legacy support for Fedora Core 3 has been dropped, I still need
some help getting this box upgraded -- I can do the update to FC 5, but
dealing with the Nvidia driver upgrade is mostly beyond me.

Sean