[ale] Laptop Repair OT

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 5 21:05:28 EST 2007

Go to this link, and buy the APC Universal Power Adapter instead of the
standard power adapter.

http://www.buyuptime.com/commerce/storefronts/buyuptime/product.aspx?storefrontcode=bup&countrycode=us&product_id=UPA9

The same power adapter can be powered from your car, an airplane power
plug, or a wall outlet. You set the output to the correct voltage for
your laptop, install the correct adapter to match the power plug on
your laptop, and you're ready to go.

I've been using this and the previous version for the last 5 years, and
never had one of them fail on me. I've given a couple of my old ones
away, and added a new one, but have never had a problem of any kind.

Dan