[ale] Google Trends

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Fri Jan 5 04:27:37 EST 2007

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Question:
>
> Based on data shown on the URL below, what are your thoughts on what it
> means?
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=fedora,ubuntu,suse,redhat,novell

It means: Ubuntu Rocks.

I've become quite the fan, and I know almost nothing about it.
It just installs and works.. We've got a couple of spare laptops
at a clients that we did nice Ubuntu installs on. When a M$-users
messes up the machine, we hand them an Ubuntu loaner..
with no instructions beyond the login/password.

2 of the M$-users now dual-boot and prefer Ubuntu. (M$ for games).
1 of them said: forget the M$ stuff.

I'd never liked Debian... until Ubuntu made it worth my time to.
Personally I now have an Ubuntu/debian lamp server right next to
my RHES4 one, and now prefer it for web app development in LAMP.
My largest client now has a rack full of Ubuntu LAMP servers.
And.. I've convinced some clients make sizable contribs to:
http://www.ubuntu.com/donations and some individual projects
(MySQL, PostgreSQL, FCKeditor..)

Just show them what a similiar M$ server install would cost.