[ale] running an FC6 Kickstart install?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Jan 4 12:18:08 EST 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 12:03, Warren Myers wrote:
> The Kickstart Configurator generated a bad ks.cfg file. So, Kickstart was
> fine running over http, but the file was borked.

I have had that happen to me a few times. I was creating kickstart floppies,
but I WASN'T using new/freshly formated floppy disks. Kickstart didn't
complain, but DID create ks.cfg on the floppy. The problem was a had a HUGE
file ( a backup file, .cab file, or something like that) and kickstart didn't
have enough space to create the entire ks.cfg file, but it DID create the
file, there just wasn't all the correct info in the file. After a full floppy
format, it worked fine. YMMV

--
Paul Cartwright
registered Linux user #... oh I forget!