[ale] OT:Wintel combo is suing Apple, Napster & Google

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Jan 3 22:09:27 EST 2007

IANAL but this sounds like another squash the competition by the giant M
$. If memory serves me correctly, Apple started iTunes before Aug. 2005
and the recreated Napster started its "Legite" media distribution system
also before Aug. 2005. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.
The Bloomberg article I am referring to is:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601204&sid=ape3Ub6DCQss&refer=technology#

The patent office link is:
http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=%22digital+entertainment+service+platform%22&OS=

I find it interesting that this comes just after M$ entry in the Media
Player market that is one that is similar to iPOD.

So I guess if digital media is legitamately distributed (all fees paid
as in royalties) using AMD and Linux it infringes this patent?