[ale] Networked printing in Ubuntu

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Wed Jan 3 00:47:16 EST 2007

OK, I spoke too soon...trying to print to my HP Office Jet T45 which has
a Netgear PS101 Print Server module attached to it has been problematic.
  I successfully installed the HPLIP drivers for the printer and
installed the PDD drivers file for it, and the Printers folder reports
its status as ready. Cups sees the printer, but after trying to print a
test page, reports "Network host 192.168.x.x is busy, retrying in 30
seconds."  After Googling a bit, I saw where someone had added the lines
"Allow 192.168.x.*" to the cupsd.conf file, so I did and then the error
message became something about a "B%% header being out of bounds" or
something like that, but still no printout.  Then, after a few attempted
prints and deleting jobs, the busy message has returned.  I've tried to
open up the Netgear Print server configuration screen in a browser
window using it's fixed IP address on my local network (set by me so
after power outages it always comes up on the same IP address and
doesn't conflict with my other home PCs), and it doesn't open in either
Linux or Windows.  But my Windows PCs can print to it.  Any ideas?

Regards, Daniel