[ale] ALE / ATLAUG Asterisk Build-In Event

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 12:04:21 EST 2007

I for one would definitely like to see the presentation.

Not sure I would participate in a build-in.  I could certainly help
others (I have Linux & Telephony background).

But my company uses a small PBX (3com NBX system) with about 20 voip
handsets and I don't know if the cost / benefit would justify trying
to replace it.  Somehow I doubt it at this point.

Greg

On 2/27/07, Steve Henke <stevehenke at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Greetings Fellow Linux Enthusiasts,
>
> I would like to discuss an Asterisk Build-In event that could be jointly
> presented by ALE and the Atlanta Asterisk Users Group
> (ATLAUG)(http://www.atlaug.com).
>
> At the January 30, 2007 ATLAUG meeting we considered organizing an
> Asterisk Build-In event and we recognized the value that ALE could bring
> to that event in order to best serve the community.
>
> Asterisk is an Open Source (and most often Linux based) IP Telephony
> solution that is scalable from home to large business applications.
> Details are at http://www.asterisk.org. Our members use Asterisk for
> everything from home telephone systems to large business applications. In
> addition to providing traditional (but IP based) voice telephony services,
> Asterisk can deliver converged messaging, automation and telemetry
> services via a wide variety of fixed and wireless devices.
>
> I would be glad to make a  presentation to ALE to explain and demonstrate
> the current state of the Asterisk project.  This would enable ALE members
> to know what to expect and what to bring to a Build-In so they can leave
> with a working system that does what they want.
>
> We could use our mutual resources to organize, publicize and produce a
> great Asterisk Build-In event for the Atlanta area.  Would ALE like to
> join us?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Henke, Member
> ATLAUG
> stevehenke at bellsouth.net
>
> P.S. We had a great meeting tonight and tentatively picked the date of
> Saturday, April 28th for the install fest.

Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century