[ale] backing up /var -POSTGRES & LABEL

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 16:45:16 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 12:20 -0500, Jim wrote:

> Brian Pitts wrote:
> > Are you using UUID's in grub's menu.lst or just fstab? Done any
> kernel
> > updates recently? No matter what, I'd file a bug
>
> Both, but I had to back off of both because the UUID changed.  I hate
> to file bugs if I can't reproduce the problem.

I understand that feeling, though it can help even if you can't
reproduce it.  I've filed bugs that I couldn't reproduce and someone
would come up and happen to have the information for the bug.  The worst
case scenerio is that they will mark the bug NEEDSINFO.  At best,
someone will recognize the issue, or at least know what to ask to try to
help you to trigger it.  :-)

I file any bug that I run across that is definitely not user error.
Most of the time that means it's something that I can reproduce, but
sometimes, it isn't.  And if the system offers to file a bug
automatically, well, I go with it.  :-P  Even if it is duplicate, if
tons of duplicates show up for a bug, then it is obviously quite
important.

Since I am not a (good) programmer, bugs reports (and investigation of
others' reports, when I have the time, which isn't often) is the least
that I can do to help make the overall thing better.

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!