[ale] VM ?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Tue Feb 27 07:25:29 EST 2007

On Monday 26 February 2007 10:54:31 pm Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> I would be running Windows XP under it if I could get Toshiba or
> Microsoft to give me a generic installer for the XP that came with my
> laptop, but they won't do that and the version of XP that did come with
> it is preinstalled by way of a Norton Ghost image that the DVD will only
> install to the laptop itself. ?
that's my issue, my XP OS came preinstalled from DELL, but I think I got the
OS CD this time.. fwith my laptop last year, I didn't get the OS CD, and
since I did the dual-boot, I can no longer get at the partition that has the
OS restore on it. maybe I could using a LiveCD, but I'm not sure HOW to do
that.. anyone know how to mount the HD filesystems using a LiveCD??

> Has your wife checked out GnuCash at all?

uh, no, I don't think I could drag her away from Quicken, we've been using it
for 15 years, and I already have over a years worth of data in Quickbooks.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800