[ale] VM ?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 12:05:40 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 08:00 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I am not at all familiar with VMware or virtualization, or whatever you call
> running Windows under linux. My wife wants to be able to run windows under
> SUSE without rebooting. Basically to run Quicken & Quickbooks.
> What are a few GOOD options? Is it VMware, or Zen, or.. a good doc tutorial,
> or installation guide would be handy:)

Question:  Does she need the ability to cut+copy+paste between the host
and the vm?

If the answer is no, then VirtualBox (http://virtualbox.org)  should
work fine.  I've been using it for a while now and have been quite happy
with it.  It replaced VMware, due to VMWare not working well between
suspends and resumes, as well as interface switching (wifi to wired and
back).

-Jim P.