[ale] [OT] rebates

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Feb 23 18:40:43 EST 2007

Personally I've always thought the main point in "rebates" is that
vendors fully expect not to have to ever honor them.

To me the funniest is when mail order houses like Dell offer rebates.
You have to buy it from them, have them send it to you, then send them
something proving you bought it from them?   The only two reasons I can
see for this would be:  A)  They make money on the float between the
time you buy and the time you get the rebate and/or B) They don't'
expect to have to honor the rebate so increase their bottom line.