[ale] [OT] rebates

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Feb 23 17:15:44 EST 2007

Back in November I purchased a HP laser printer from Office Depot.
The printer (2605dn) works well -- no complaints about the printer.

BUT . . . .  (you knew there was going to be a "but")

The printer came with two rebates, totalling $175.  The rebate forms
burped out by the cash register's printer provided clear instructions
and warned me it might take 90 days (!) for my money to arrive.

Well, 90 days have come and gone but there is no sign of my money.

I have complained to the rebate center and was told one check was
"in the mail" and that the second one "would be expedited."

I have contacted the Postal Inspectors and written the company's
district manager.

On Google, a search for "Office Depot rebates" provides a link to
a blog page of complaints.  It is the 5th item returned by the
search, which means (I think) that it is a popular site.

It would appear that Office Depot has been abusing the Rebate Come-on
to the point that the company can no longer be trusted.

>From now on I won't be buying anything from Office Depot.

Sean

Why post this here?: the printer is hooked to a FC3 box. :)