[ale] Electronic recycling day Dekalb County

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Feb 23 08:49:02 EST 2007

Electronics Recycling Event: Saturday, March 3, 2007 from 9 a.m. ? 1
p.m.

Two Drop-off Locations:

DeKalb County Tax Commission Office
4380 Memorial Drive
Decatur, Georgia 30032

The Liane Levetan Park at Brookrun
4770 North Peachtree Road
Dunwoody, Georgia 30032

Keep DeKalb Beautiful will offer residents of DeKalb County and metro
Atlanta another opportunity to recycle their old electronic items
properly and reduce the environmental liability of hazardous material
entering Seminole Landfill.

It's estimated that there are at least 4.4 million PCs and 8 million
Televisions in 3 million households in Georgia. This e-waste will
eventually become 334,800 tons of e-waste that will end up in our
landfills.

Our goal is to promote the recovery, reuse and recycling of obsolete
electronic equipment, and to encourage the design, manufacture and
purchase of environmentally responsible electronic equipment.

ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT TO BE ACCEPTED:

Computer Monitors Stereos
Microwave Ovens
Computer CPUs Copiers
Telephones
Laptops Video Machines
CB Radios
Printers VCRs
CD Players
Disk Drives Camcorders
Portable Radios
Floppy Drives Cameras Cell
Phones
Test & Networking Equipment Record Players
Keyboards
Modems Speakers
Scanners
Circuit Boards Typewriters
Cables
Electrical Panels Fax Machines
UPS / Battery Back up Projectors
CD ROMs Computer Mouse
Televisions ($10.00 Charge)

Vacuum cleaners, refrigerators, washers, dryers, freezers, De-
humidifiers or humidifiers, and gas-powered equipment will not be
accepted.

Please visit Atlanta Recycling Solutions' website for more
information on where your electronics go, at
http://www.arsrecycle.com/home.html

For more information on accepted items and opportunities to volunteer
for this event, please contact our offices at (404) 371-2654.

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>