[ale] Mac powerbook G3

timothy at meanor.net timothy at meanor.net
Mon Feb 19 09:55:10 EST 2007

Was it a Knoppix Live CD for PowerPC?  I don't see where Knoppix officially supports anything beyond X86.  I successfully installed the PowerPC version of Ubuntu 6.06 on an old Mac G4 Powerbook.  The AirPort card didn't work, though everything else seemed to.  I understand people have managed to get  AirPort to work.  I didn't spend too much time on it.  It was more of an experiment to see how well Ubuntu would work on it.

-Tim

 Hello Guys and Gal
 I was given a an old Mac powerbook G3  M5343
333mhz/512k Cache/192MB/4GB hd/8MB Video/Cd Black with a silver coloured keyboard.
I have never used a Mac i tried a knoppix live cd by holding key C at boot but it did't boot from the cd.
I would like to install linux on it. there is Mac Os on it.
Thanks in advance for any help i can get.
/Joe