[ale] DVD burning on CentOS 4.4 using xcdroast

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:39:58 EST 2007

Well, cdrtools is being superceeded by cdrkit (http://cdrkit.org/) in
at least Debian and Arch Linux. I imagine other distributions will as
well. From http://lwn.net/Articles/198171/ :

"So, why the fork?...Unfortunately Sun then developed the CDDL[1] and
J?rg Schilling
released parts of recent versions of cdrtools under this license.
The CDDL is incompatible with the GPL..."

The tools in the cdrkit package are interface compatible with cdrtools
for the time being. So, pointing your favorite mastering GUI to the
cdrkit tools (wodim) shouldn't be a problem.

As for a recommendation on other GUI mastering programs. I like K3B. I
don't really like KDE, but that program is definitely a jewel. It is
_much_ nicer than Xcdroast; which has always been a cumbersome mess,
in my opinion.