[ale] SUSE & KDE & screen info

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 10:07:43 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 15:17 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> ok,
> so I was able to try an upgrade of my system, using my original 10.2 CDs.
> Now I have my KDE screen back, but it isn't working right. It brings up
> my previous login session screens, and the mail screen goes below the
> system tray, blocking all the icons in the tray. What .kde file do I
> edit to change the screen icon size/positions???
> I hate to just wipe out my entire .kde folder, since everything is so
> customized....
> gnome menus work fine.

That's one of the reasons that I stopped using KDE seriously.  Every
time an update was done, I would have to go crawling around the .kde
folder and find out what the problem was.  I had .kde-3.x.x directories
for various versions that were known working and I would have to use a
symlink from .kde to .kde-3.4.0 (for example) when I was running that
particular version of KDE.  It was rather annoying, so I stopped doing
it.  I hope that KDE 4.0 fixes all the problems that they have.

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!