[ale] T41 drive problems

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 09:59:37 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 17:46 -0500, Dan Lambert wrote:

> My Thinkpad T41 drive failed on me yesterday morning, and it apparently
> took the drive controller out with it. The controller won't allow me to
> do anything with a replacement drive, even though ti works fine in
> another computer.
>
> I'm trying to decide if it's worth fixing, or not, and I need to know if
> anyone knows a good shop in the NE Atlanta area that can give me an
> estimate to repair it.

Well, I can tell you that it would be a painful fix, that's for sure.
If the repairs exceed $450-500, then I would replace it for sure.  Much
more than that, and you could pay for another T41.

    ? Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!