[ale] ramblings of a rpm session from hell

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Fri Feb 9 21:36:14 EST 2007

It's a shame, but I kinda figured that would possibly be the reason why
some distros may shy away from supporting Rv3 never mind 4. I think that
I was actually using Rv3 in Ubuntu. There is definetly a difference
between Rv3 and ext3. Even with my grandson's pushing power buttons, my
systems with Rfs would recover very nicely and swiftly. I have just had
2 back 2 back losses of power with FC6 ext3 FS and the second one did my
~/ in with corruption. This is something I am not used to since I got
away from the other OS except of course my wife's pc is M$ Win2K and I
get to see that quite often on hers.