[ale] NIC Bonding with multiple IP addresses (is it possible?)

Danny Cox DCox at icc.net
Thu Feb 8 14:42:14 EST 2007

Ryan,

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 13:40 -0500, Ryan Fish wrote:
> Is it possible to bond NICs with multiple IP address bound to them?
> If so, do I just use bond0:1 and so forth?  My online searching for
> this info has been fruitless so far?

    Yeah, it's so simple as to be nearly invisible.  Given that you
already have e.g. eth0 set up, then you can just add another address to
it like this:

    ifconfig eth0 [options] 1.2.3.4

where [options] has all the netmask, mtu, etc. options you want for this
address.  You'll also need to set up the routing for it afterward also.

--
Daniel S. Cox
Internet Commerce Corporation