[ale] Lost nic with new system

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Feb 2 13:04:13 EST 2007

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 08:38 -0500, Jim wrote:
>
>> No, I didn't.  In fact the enable/disable lan option is still not in the
>> bios but it came up enabled after the power cycle.  There are no LAN
>> settings of any kind.  There is a pci plug and play option, but most of
>> the settings there deal with the graphic card except the PCI IDE
>> BusMaster, which is enabled and they recommend not changing it.
>>

> I strongly recommend running that board combo back to Fry's and getting
> another combo from another board maker. Onboard devices that have no
> control functions in bios sound like a long-term problem to me.

Is that possible?  I figured they wouldn't take a system back if it's
been used.

Since it works, albeit with only one lan, I'll live with it.  Other than
that problem it's a honking machine.  I'm impressed with the speed and
the ability to run a bunch of servers on one system.  Well, bunch is
only 3 at this time, but with 2 Gb I can get more running.  I've got to
get my disks reorganized first.

Thanks,
Jim.