[ale] Need ideas on how to maintian /etc/crontab

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Feb 1 09:44:12 EST 2007

I have a number of programs that run from /etc/crontab. These don't lend
themselves to being run from an y of the cron.daily/cron.weekly, etc.
Not all systems have all of the programs so I'm looking for a way to
automate the insertion/deletion of the entries.  I know I can write a
perl script to do it, but I was hoping there was something already
written to do it.  The insert/delete will be driven by rpm -i or rpm -e,
so it's gotta be a script or something callable from the %post rpm
script set.

Anyone know of a canned solution?

Thanks,
Jim.