[ale] Was: dell laptop keyboard - Is: Thinkpad R60 wireless stinks!

Bruce callmebruce2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 17:12:27 EDT 2007

I'm not sure what chipset it has. All I know is my T41
does great wireless. My oldest sons R51 can get a
signal anywhere. My wife's Dell works perfectly
anywhere in the house.

It's just the two R60s can't get a signal if we're
more than 10-15' away from the WAP. They stink!!!! I
had a spare wireless laptop card, and gave that to one
son. Now he can surf in his room. I just picked
another up for my youngest. He should be golden. (But
Lenovo support is great! They've helped me a couple
times and have always been quick and knowledgeable   -
I had to get that Ad. in there!)

And all the laptops running around with kids - I got
my Smoothwall up and running today. Will be installing
DansGuardian after picking up some more memory!