[ale] dell laptop keyboard

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Aug 30 08:30:58 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 08:16:29AM -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I've never taken a laptop apart, but I'm not shy. In a previous life I used to
> take apart 386's, setup IRQs, replace motherboards.... but I just never got
> around to a laptop. My 1 1/2 year-old DELL XPS laptop now has a broken "v"
> key on the keyboard. The keyboard replacement from DELL is only $10.99 so it
> isn't that bad, but I'm just not sure of the exact procedure to replace it?
> hints,clues, suggestions welcomed.

Dell's support site for that laptop will include a service manual
that'll show you how to remove the keyboard.

That said, back in the day Dell's laptops used to have all of their
screws coded; all of the screws that held in the keyboard were marked
with a 'K' next to the socket.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL                          ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^