[ale] FC-7 install -- trying again

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Aug 28 17:38:06 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 17:08, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
| Hmmm
| Do I have a hardware problem?
|
| Tried to install FC-4.

I think I can forget about a hardware problem as the box in question
has a current install of CentOS on it and that is working just fine.
Nothing odd appears in /var/log/messages other than this:

| cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository  livna

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that CentOS
is based on Red Hat.  I kinda supposed that when installing FC-7 on top
of CentOS the installer would see the existing software and treat the
install as an upgrade.

No such luck.

Sean