[ale] [Fwd: Pirate Banned from Using Linux]

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Aug 27 14:23:02 EDT 2007

Your argument equates the ultimate penalty (death) to an inconvenience
(use of Windoze) and I don't buy it.   Of course I've never bought the
"mental anguish" type of "damages" often seen in civil suits either.

It all reminds me for some reason of the guy who slows down at a stop
sign to see if anyone is coming but never actually stops.   A cop pulls
him over for not stopping.   He says to the officer "I slowed down -
what's the difference?"  The officer cuffs him and bends him over the
hood then starts hitting the scofflaw with his nightstick and says "Now
- would you like me to stop or just slow down?"