[ale] [OT] Atlanta Public Schools RFP "Linux Managed Services"

Bruce callmebruce2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 12:06:09 EDT 2007

Hmmmmm, SLAs.

I've done a bunch 'o work on SLAs using Cisco SAA
transactions. Cisco SAA Ping to measure reachability
and response times. Cisco SAA HTTP Get to measure web
page availability. You can set up DHCP queries, DNS
queries, FTP gets. Cisco SAA Jitter for VoIP (gives
latency and jitter).

Wonder if there is a good open source product that
works with Cisco SAA transactions? You could do all
sorts of SLA measurements with a few decent Cisco
routers at your core site. The tool would need a
utility so you could configure expected down-times, so
that would not be reflecting in your availability
measurements.

The question becomes - if you are out of compliance
(end-to-end response time too slow, availability less
than expected) - who do you alert, how do you alert
them, and what actions should be taken?

I might need to read that RFP. Although answering
without reading will make my response way off base,
lol.

http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/content/purch_solicit.aspx