[ale] Zapmedia Zapstation

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Thu Aug 23 22:45:54 EDT 2007

Does anyone have any information about these? There was discussion on
this list involving one of the chief developers, Michael Hirsch, when
they were released in 2001.

I've acquired and old unit (without the remote or keyboard that I
understand originally accompanied it) and it seems like an interesting
piece of hardware. When I turn it on, it gets to "loading stage 1 of 3"
then restarts. It does the same thing if I unhook the hard drive. So far
I haven't found a key combination for entering the BIOS.

http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2001-11/msg00126.html
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2002/09/02/story8.html?jst=s_cn_hl

-Brian