[ale] Disclaimer notice in sendmail and excluding cell phone addresses

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Aug 24 16:00:53 EDT 2007

In the interest of being a security jerk, the policy notice should be
changed to read something like:

If you have received this email by mistake, please compound the problem
by sending it back again in the clear text mode you got it in by hitting
"reply" or better yet hit "reply to all" so our legal department can
have some real work.

Please go smack your legals with this idea and wait until the frothing
stops :)

Sorry but I have no immediate idea on how to use sendmail to append a
blurb to every outgoing email.

In fact, appending to email that is digitally signed to authenticate a
sender will break all current authentication processes. Thus the legals
will have no idea if the bad email was sent _really_ by mary in
accounting or fred in receiving. :)