[ale] [OT] Only so slightly off topic: Westell Modems

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 23 10:58:03 EDT 2007

I have bellsouth's dsl service.  Have had it for... 4-5 years?  Never
had a problem with it.  Works as advertised.
    Anyway, I'm trying to do port forwarding on Westell model 2200, I've
done it before it worked fine.  I'm trying to forward ports in the 60K+
range.  Never used such a high port number.  When I enter the
information, it complains about the base port + the end port > 65536.
Looked at the html code, it's hard coded in there.  From code it seems
the highest port that I could forward is 32767, gave it a shot, sure
enough no ports > 32767.
    Looked through the manual, no help, it explained how to port
forward, but all the examples used ports < 10K.  Also found several
online guides at dslreports.com and portforward.com.  dslreports was
plain ole wrong and portforward was like the manual.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar/same modem that can be
configured to port forward ports > 32767.

Thanks...