[ale] [OT] MySQL Replication

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Aug 22 22:51:09 EDT 2007

Got a question for any MySQL experts on the list.

I have a dual-master configuration that I am working on, and I need to
add a third server to that configuration but _only_ as a slave.  The
thing is that I can't figure out how to do it *and* how to get all of
the transactions; when the server with the extra slave is the primary,
it logs transactions just fine to the third server (which is destined to
 be a hot backup of the other two).

However, when the server without the extra slave is primary, the
dual-masters have the same database setup, but the third database
doesn't stay in sync with the first two.

I am not finding anything (at the moment) that is helpful.

The only tie this has to Linux is that all three servers are running
it... other than that, well... sorry for the OT.  :-)

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch              Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                        http://www.trausch.us/
Mobile: (678) 522-7934            VoIP: 6453 at sip.trausch.us, 861384 at fwd