[ale] Sourcefire acquires ClamAV

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Mon Aug 20 15:45:01 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 14:23 -0400, Bob Toxen wrote:
> There goes another good Open Source product.  Either that or someone
> else -- like Snort -- will take up the torch and provide FREE and TIMELY
> updates.

Bob, is it by irony or intention that you mention Snort?  Sourcefire is
the commercial arm of Snort, and I can see Sourcefire being the same
commercial arm to ClamAV.  Snort didn't fall off the face of the earth
when Sourcefire appeared (years ago now), in fact one could argue that
Sourcefire enabled Snort to mature and become more robust.

-Jim P.