[ale] bastille

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sun Aug 19 15:13:24 EDT 2007

wow, I totally screwed up my system ( yet again ;).
I installed and ran bastille, just to see if it helped with any security
issues I might have overlooked. Since I ran that program, my wife has been
using my laptop and getting mail. She wanted me to forward an email from her
folders, so I started a login session for her on the desktop, but it said
unable to open a pop3 session. So I tried to start a konsole session to check
things out, and it said unable to fork process....  OH SH!!T..
I have no idea what settings that was, or why one user would be unable to run
email, while the other can ( it worked the other way to, when I logged out,
and logged her in, then **I** logged in, I also couldn't get email ).

anyway, luckily I remembered the bastille-revert.last, ran it, rebooted, and I
am back to the  way things were... that program is SCARY !!!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800