[ale] opensuse 10.2

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sun Aug 19 11:26:51 EDT 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> In theory, running the NVIDIA...sh (if you have the kernel source for
> the running kernel) will create a working nvidia driver and modify the
> xorg.conf file and make a working setup.

Jerald Sheets posted a detailed step-by-step guide for doing this back in
05. Much simpler now with the built in configuration tool, so the part
about manually editing xorg.conf can be ignored if everything goes well. I
think the remainder of the instructions are still quite usefull.

http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2005-01/msg00173.html

Only thing I do diffrent is use sh <FILENAME> rather than the ./<FILENAME>
Jerald suggests. AFAIK they both work but Nvidia's instructions say to use
sh.

> If you run the common and
> append -A --help |less you get loads of other tweaking options.

Ah, something good to know!
--
William