[ale] Q: how to find my USB drvier in openSUSE10.2?

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sun Aug 19 01:26:42 EDT 2007

Scully Wu wrote:
> I'd like to find the driver of my USB device. I have already got the
> Vendor ID and product ID. But I don't know how to find the driver which
> support it. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

I'm not certain I completely understand your question, but to identify
the driver used by linux for a specific usb device I would attempt to...

(replace PRODUCT_ID with the actual product id)

1) See if the product id appears in the kernel ring buffer.

dmesg | grep PRODUCT_ID

2) Locate and search the file modules.usbmap

grep PRODUCT_ID

3) Download the source from kernel.org, untar, and search it for the
product id

grep -R PRODUCT_ID *

-Brian