[ale] opensuse 10.2

mike barnes mdb3624 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 22:31:50 EDT 2007

I need help setting up my daughter's system. I have installed 10.2 of
opensuse and now need to set up the wireless card. The problem is that I do
not have easy access to a ethernet connection since that connection is
downstairs.

As far as I can tell I have 2 tasks that I need to do:

   1) Install wireless driver. BTW, this is an Athreos chipset.
   2) Install NVIDIA driver. Currently, I have not been able to get the X
dispaly working and it appears to be a driver issue. But until I can get to
website from her system. I can not install the new driver.

I have downloaded madwifi onto a 1 GB usb stick. What I can not figure out
is how do I see this stick on by openSuse system so that I can transfer the
rpm over. BTW, I have been using the USB stick on windows systems, if this
makes any difference.

Thanks for any guideance and help

Mike Barnes