[ale] Sanitizing dead hard drive

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Aug 16 19:29:46 EDT 2007

Forgot the current workable approach: drill a hole in the top or remove
the cover and fill with grit and silicon caulk. Turn the spindle
manually a bit to settle the grit into the platters.

If that's too much work, try pouring in some HCL/H2SO4 (50/50 muratic
and battery acids - USE EXTREME CAUTION!!). The iron oxide is soluble in
HCL and the H2SO4 will dissolve most else.