[ale] [OT] Webhosting site

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Aug 16 18:49:37 EDT 2007

On Thursday 16 August 2007, David Tomaschik wrote:
> I've had reasonable success with 8-95.com's 3.95/mo plan. ?My only
> complaints have been a lack of SSH access, and secured SMTP and POP
> access. ?I'm currently looking for a new host that offers those, but if
> all you need is files, they do a great job. ?Servers right here in
> Atlanta too.

Not sure how well it would suit the OP, but for you I second Brian Pitts
recommendation for asmallorange.com. I'm on the $5 per month plan and
could easily get by with the $25 per year plan. (I was an optimist.)

Think you still have to ask for SSH to be turned on, but they were very
prompt in doing so when I asked. Have not actually used it since I found a
work around for what ever I thought I needed it for...

Their recent CPanel upgrade did not play well with the ancient Konqueror I
was running at the time. Worked with Firefox though and since I have
upgraded, again with Konq.
--
William