[ale] [OT] Webhosting site

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Thu Aug 16 15:16:57 EDT 2007

Hi David,

On 8/16/2007 at 2:51 PM David Tomaschik wrote:

>How long have you been with Bluehost?  Good uptime?  This looks like
>something I might want to switch to... like I said, I've been looking
>for IMAPS, Secure SMTP, and Secure POP3 as well as SSH and SFTP.  I'm
>wondering if they really allow you to use that massive amount of
>bandwidth, or if they penalize like some other hosts do.  (I've heard
>stories of throttling, etc.)

I've been with hostmonster (same company as bluehost) for a few months.  They seem to have no uptime problems.  I don't capitalize on the bandwidth or storage yet so I can't tell you yet if they do throttling.  However, I will probably soon find out.  One nice thing is they use cPanel 11 which is a pretty good admin gui system.  I also use SSH and SSL.

Cheers,
Robert~

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

SIXIT Consulting