[ale] [OT] Webhosting site

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:11:15 EDT 2007

I've been with them for a little over three years. I've not had any
problems with uptime, and their customer support is excellent.
Whenever they upgrade the account features (more storage, etc.) you
can call and have them apply the changes to your account at no extra
charge. The one time I've done that, a directory ended up missing in
the transfer between boxes. I called them and they had the directory
restored from their backups before I was off the phone.

I can't really address your bandwidth concerns. I've never pushed my
limits. I'm still using the plan before the one you see listed on
their front page. It's way more than I have need of (400GB/mo). I'd
call and have them upgrade me, and I'm sure everything would go
smoothly this time, but I just don't need it right now.

Before I signed up with BlueHost I was doing all of my own hosting. I
signed up with them so I wouldn't have to deal with all the
maintenance myself. I've been quite pleased.

If you care, the president of the company has his own site at
http://mattheaton.com/ and they have community forums, read by the
company administrators, at http://bluehostforum.com/ .

--
James Sumners