[ale] bogus ESTABLISHED tcp connection on Windows 2003 (i386)

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 15 21:05:39 EDT 2007

Jerry,
I've seen undocumented port connections on license servers.  The server
would have a documented port you would have to open to supposedly get a
connection.  However, two other ports would get used due to other parts
of the license server process talking back to the client.  So, I would
have three ports to deal with.  Once documented and two others
discovered via ethereal.  I figured it out by sniffing the network.  You
may not have the incentive to sniff like I had to since your application
is working.  However, a undocumented connection from a local client to
the local server as part of the application could be the reason for the
bogus port entry.
Dow